Friday, January 18, 2013

Bite Your Tongue


Sometimes we are considered that “Friend With No Filter”(click to read topic) but sometimes I feel like if you bite your tongue you won’t be able to express what's really on your mind.  I feel like if we are friends/associates and you know what type of person I am, you should know I will be straightforward about my thoughts. We tend to hide what we are thinking in the fear of hurting someone’s feelings or just losing a friend. If you cant speak openly with people about the truth, then don’t speak about anything at all in my opinion.

This generation is stuck on social media communication and never being direct with there peers. Having a barrier between them and someone else, so they can get that sense of  “they won’t feel as hurt” or  “they wont take it that serious.” Biting your tongue will close a lot more doors then opening them but it will show you who appreciates your honesty. We always thing “oh shit they really said some hurtful shit to me” instead of “dam they really just told me some stuff about myself I didn’t even realize I was doing.” Speak your mind, let your thoughts flow and just be true to yourself. The people you surround yourself with should respect you for not biting your tongue and just being you.

No comments:

Post a Comment