Wednesday, May 16, 2012

(Poem) Beautiful . . .

What is considered beautiful?
Why do you kill yourself to fit peoples definition of beautiful?
Why must you impress others before impressing yourself?
Why do you let what people say affect the beauty you already posse?
Why must I get the text message that asks "Do you think I'm beautiful?"
Why must I have to see you cry . . . because you think you're not beautiful enough?
Why must you starve yourself for days to be the worlds definition  a size smaller?
Why must I see you put a pound of make up on your face to cover up the beauty I see?

What I see is beautiful
What I see is beauty through the words that hurt you
What I see is beauty through the insecure text messages
What I see is beauty through the tears
What I see is beauty through the many different sizes

What I see is beauty all around you
. . . .from that beautiful smile

To the way you teach ME how to dougie
. . . .from the personality that attracts me

To the way you steal my gummy bears  and make me smile
YOU ARE beautiful . . . .in every shape and form
YOU ARE beautiful . . . .because you love yourself
YOU ARE beautiful . . . .


~Kevin


No comments:

Post a Comment