Sunday, January 20, 2013

Text/Call Me, Don’t Tweet Me!


We all do it, I’ve caught myself ignoring texts and I continue to tweet. We text someone and they sit there and tweet, before ever responding to us. We sit there like “wtf, did I do something wrong?” or “sooo this person is going to tweet before responding to me?” I think its because we have become comfortable with what society has accepted as the normal forms of communication.

I am guilty of this but I am really trying to do better when responding to people. When someone texts us or calls us we are quick to respond to them via twitter instead of contacting them back the way they contacted us.  Honestly twitter (or any social media) is not a legit form of communication, especially if you have the persons phone number. If you don’t have there contact information, that’s understandable. This generation will see that you text/call them and either send you a DM (direct message) or just tweet you, “Sup u called me?”

Does this make us less personal with the people around us? In a sense yes, especially if its people that you are close to. They may feel some type of way. You will tweet before responding to their text/call, that just shows where your priorities are. This generation is stuck on social media communication but don’t realize it is less personal and it is somewhat of a barrier. Think about this before you ignore a text/call and/or decide to tweet instead of text/call someone back. People may feel like you are ignoring them or have a problem with them if you decide to tweet (or do anything social media related) before contacting them. Everyone is free to do there own thing but see how it feels when it is done to you. Being ignored is not fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment