Saturday, February 23, 2013

(Poem) Her

 
I told her, thank you
For just being her
The her of my dreams
The her I can feel comfortable with
The her that’s in my thinking thoughts

Not the her that’s an object
But the her that’s whole presence makes me smile
The her that is perfectly imperfect
The her that gave me the chance to be me

Cupid finally listened to this hopeless romantic
Letting me do me, and finally find her
You know her . . . the her of my dreams

Not the her that’s only here for a season
But the her that wants to go the distance
The her that accepts my flaws and my addictions
The her that I appreciate more then the stars in the sky

No longer stuck in an endless loop of confusion
Because her actions give me reason not to
Trusting her with all of me
Because her hands wont let me go.

If I had a her
I would tell her, thank you
For just being her
The her of my dreams

~Kevin Pierre

No comments:

Post a Comment