Thursday, June 24, 2010

Standards in Relationships

As we continue our topic on having standards . . .today's topic refers to standards in relationships. So i got some friends to express there thoughts on standards in relationships.

Kevin Pierre
I believe that when it comes to standards you "MUST" think about them before you venture off into the world. Especially when it comes to relationships, people complain about being hurt and this and that but that just means you have to up your standards a bit more just to get that right thing that fits you. It's like when you're making Cherry koolaid, it taste okay at first and then after it gets a little bitter and it stops having that buzz that you like. So you update your taste buds to some Grape koolaid, then this has you good for awhile and then loses its appeal to you, so you update to something else. Standards is having something that fits you, that appeals to you and meets your requirements not just "SETTLING" for anything. I was told by my friend "Never just settle for anything" if you just settle that means you don't care what you let in your life and if that happens you just get hurt.You can't just "PICK" someone just because there 5'5, brown eyes, thick thighs and a beautiful smile. It has to go deeper then the norm of outer appearance and certain things the person can do for you.

Of course once in a blue I'll have my friends give there opinions on my topics there opinions i trust and pretty much feel the same way so why repeat the samething twice? lol so . . . .


Munchy Today, people are getting into relationships without setting any standards or boundaries. Although, one may ask,"What are some standards in a relationship?" Personally I think that those standards reflect on the ones you look for in a man/woman.

1.)Respect
(My theory)I'm a very observant kind of gal and I believe that If date a man who is completely disrespectful to his mother, nine times out of ten he will not have any respect for you.

2.) Double-Standard
Don't implement any rules that you know you WILL NOT follow. *pet peave* Fellas/ladies-- If you know you are a flirt don't tell your partner not to if you are not willing to change and abide by YOUR own rule.

3.) Education
I value education, so it's extremely important to me! A man that can speak for himself and teach YOU something is a beautiful thing ladies (without insulting your intelligence, of course). In life you are constantly learning, so why not learn more about the opposite sex?

4.)Loyalty
We all need someone who will be faithful to commitments and obligations. I want to know that the person I'm dating always has my back whether it is a with small helpful deed or to be there for me emotionally (e.g. advise, tot lend a ear, shoulder to cry on,etc). They are not just focused on YOU, but also on the GROWTH of the relationship itself.


Andre F.There are a few things that I hold dear when it comes to someone that I date. It has changed as I have gotten older and value women much more so now.

I value intellect. There is nothing more appealing to me than a woman who can go punch for punch with me on any and every issue that we talk about. When a woman possess this quality, i feel we always have something to talk about and if we always have something to talk about we in turn are willing to tell each other everything. Communication is key!

I value self-respect. Any girl that has self-respect for herself can surely be a potential wifey for me. Its a lot of whores running around today and I don't like that.

I value women who understand traditional roles but wont succumb to them just because a man tells them to do so. Girls who can cook, clean, do it all. Your 5-star chick basically. These women are become more and more rare.

I value looks. I am not shallow but I like for my shorty to compliment me in the looks department.

I also value a women who is god-fearing! For she and I to have a good relationship, we both have to have a strong relationship with GOD.

Those are the main ingredients. These are are things I value when I get serious with a chick.

No comments:

Post a Comment