Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Ugly Friend (Part 2)


I touched on this topic almost 4 years ago (Part 1) and it has to deal with personality not beauty. I feel that your outer beauty is one piece of the puzzle that defines who you are. Another piece being your personality that you give off to those people around you. I always have an open ear for my friends and whatever we talk about stays between us. Being that I am a guy I have a lot of female friends and they always love to talk. I feel like I am in a reality show sometimes but I am the one who observes, gives support and then gives advice later. Not saying I don’t have male friends but we tend to not go into detail about a lot of things. When we do we really just cut the person off and move on with life. As a guy, do we have that ugly friend? Yes we do.

One of my peoples (lets call him Chris) was dealing with a chick for a little bit (lets call her Karrueche) and they where kicking it very well. A couple months passed and it seems they where getting serious. He finally introduced her to the guys and come to find out she slept with one Chris’s friends before (lets call him Drake). Instead of her coming forward with it she kept it to herself. Even though they weren’t girlfriend/boyfriend I feel like it’s just the principal of the matter.  Say something now because if you say it later it may be worse. Come to find out she was still messing with Drake even though her and Chris where exclusive. So now she is messing with both dudes. One guy looking for an actual relationship and the other that just wants someone around for fun. Long story short Chris found out the hard way. If this isn’t the ugliest situation in life, I don’t know what is. What makes Drake the ugly friend is that him and Chris are boys. They’ve known each other for a long time. Your moral compass should have said something when you where first introduced. He still wanted to be friends afterwards, which is the crazy thing.

What makes someone an ugly person to me, especially an ugly friend is that they aren’t straightforward with you. They preach about not being stabbed in the back but they are the one holding the knife. An ugly friend is someone who doesn’t bite there tongue but tells you what exactly is going on. In a situation like this I feel that if we are “boys” just tell me now, don’t wait until I am all in my feelings and I find out from a fourth party. This makes no sense to me, as guys sometimes we can go back to being friends but for me that’s only if you tell me from the beginning. We do show our guy friends pictures of potential females, just so we make sure no one knows them. This is a little confirmation that we can continue our advancement on her but still if you saw her picture say something. If you are going to have an ugly friend that acts up like that, then are they really your friend?

“As people grow up they realize it becomes less important to have more friends, and more important to have real ones”

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post, very interesting! The quote at the bottom is fab, and from my experience, 100% true. :-)

    ReplyDelete