Thursday, June 26, 2014

Growth

I feel if you don’t grow you don’t learn. Growth is all apart life and if you are the same person you were last year then nothing has changed.  People always complain that nothing has changed or nothing new is happening but have you pushed yourself to move forward and change? Are you waiting for someone to push you to change? It’s all about setting your own goals and moving forward.

Personally I feel like I have grown a lot in the past year. I push myself to be better than the Kevin I was yesterday. With friendships, relationships, career and just everything in my life. You can’t remain stagnant and hope things fall into place. I’ve lost friends, made new friends, declined career opportunities and accepted others. They say to be patient and wait for things but you can only wait so long before you just have to continue moving forward and not look back. This concept applies to everything in your life. The thing about moving forward is that you want to move forward. You’re not letting anyone hold you back. When you have people holding you back, you won’t ever get anything accomplished. Year after year you have to grow as a person in every aspect of your life if you want to be great. 

A question I was asked recently was, “Why do you keep your friend circle so small?” My response was, “If your irrelevant and serve no purpose in my life, why should I keep you around?” You have to remind yourself not everyone is about growth and will hinder your growth if they aren’t growing. It applies to your career as well, if you are okay with your current position and feel you have reached your limit for growth then you won’t move. If you reached your limit and feel you need to keep pushing you will look outside your current workplace. Growth is a part of life, it’s up to you if you want to continue growing and moving forward with anything in your life. 

“Life is about moving on, accepting changes and looking forward to what makes you stronger and more complete”

No comments:

Post a Comment