Sunday, March 17, 2013

Communication Chasing

-->
I honestly hate talking about communication because it seems to be the biggest problem that our society/generation has at the moment. We can say that we don’t have a problem but we honestly do. With all the forms of communication we have we tend to fail at communication. We feel that if someone tweets something, post a picture on instagram or likes a comment on facebook that they are okay and everything is fine. In a sense we let these things trigger if we contact them directly or not.
            If you have to chase someone for communication then I feel you just need to take a step back and decide if they are worth the chase. The way that we are constantly wired into the world and the first excuse you hear is “oh I didn’t see your message,” always throws me for a loop. Granted you may be sleeping or you are just in your own world, no matter what EVERYONE checks there phone at least 5-10 times an hour. I am sorry but I will be honest with you, I have my phone with me all the time and if I don’t want to reply to you I just won’t. I don’t need to make an excuse about why I didn’t hit you up I will just tell you directly, I really didn’t feel like responding to you at all.
            Making up an excuse to avoid someone has become the norm for some of us but we gotta do what we gotta do. Communication chasing should not exist but it does because with more ways being created to communicate with people we continue to communicate less and less with each other. Look at the people that are getting “catfished” and ask yourself “why didn’t they skype, facetime or use tango?” We have so many ways to communicate with people but we choose not to. The next question is “do they really want to communicate with you?” If you feel someone is lacking in communication, maybe they just really don’t want to communicate with you. 

Never chase people for communication, take a step back and just remember that not everyone values communication as a way of keeping friendship/relationships alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment