Wednesday, October 10, 2012

(Poem) The Hopeless Romantic


Stuck in an endless loop of confusion
Wondering why I’m considered a hopeless romantic

They say there is no hope for a romantic like me
Hopelessly wondering if cupid is shooting the wrong arrows
Or maybe he’s just missing his primary target

Being disappointed so many times,
You start to realize that cupid isn’t for you.

Being the hopeless romantic that I am,
I hope he would just leave me alone and let me do me.

Attracted to these mindless puppets,
Who accept the things society throws at them.
Is there a place for a hopeless romantic like me?

A person who invest time in getting to know you
A person who calls you beautiful instead of sexy
A person who does things for you just because.

. . .but really, is there a place for me?

You know what . . .

I’m still stuck in this endless loop of confusion
But I understand why I’m considered a hopeless romantic

It’s cause I appreciate your flaws, which make you different from the crowd
Your personality, which attracts me to your style
Your smile that can take all my cares away
Your strength, that drives me to be a better me

Maybe I am a hopeless romantic,
That believes genuine people still exist

Maybe I am a hopeless romantic,
Just because I appreciate you for being you
And not another one of those mindless puppets

. . .but is there a place for a hopeless romantic like me?

~Kevin Pierre

No comments:

Post a Comment