Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Interracial Relationships . . . What’s the big deal?

As the summer disappears and another day comes upon us, I have another story to share with my readers on this wonderful day. So I was in a heated discussion with this female about dating outside my race. She said I was belittling my race and that I did not want to keep the purity of our African people. She also said that there are hundreds upon hundreds of strong single African American females looking for African American males to date but there all taken by another race. Bringing up the race thing in my opinion when it comes to a relationship I think its ignorance, you have not grown as a person and experienced life. You are stuck in a 2d world where everything is the same as it was 2000 years ago.

WELLLLLL . . . I am sorry you feel that way but I personally don’t think it matters who I am in a relationship with or their race. This should not even be a factor in determining who you’re in a relationship with. Do you walk around choosing your friends by race? “Okay hey you Chinese guy your on my team, you to Spanish guy I want you on my team, not you Multiracial guy you look weird.” Seriously that’s not how things should work out at all. We are not living in the times of a racial divide; we are living in the times of change. Of course racial boundaries will NEVER be completely gone but at least we are trying.

Again, “What’s the big deal with Interracial Relationships?” Ask yourself that at least 5 times and if you can make up a list of at least 10-15 things then don’t force your views on other people. Don’t complain about “OH why you with that when you can be with your own race,” it’s not about being with your own race it’s about how you feel about the person, how interesting they are to you, and YOUR happiness, no one else’s. I have dated a Spanish and Caucasian female and it’s a new experience that everyone should explore and that’s dating outside your race because the perfect person is the one you least expect.

Food for thought, in this day and age not everyone is 100% what they say they are. For example, Lewis says he is African American but his grandmother is Caucasian, is he still just considered African American or both? Peter is Spanish but his great grandfather is Asian, what is he then considered? There are some of us who are mixed and may not know it, because during the times of slavery, slave masters use to rape there slaves. So in a sense we ALL of us maybe a race we don’t know about, so never judge a book by its cover. Judging a relationship based on race is definitely a “NO BUENO.”

So once again, please tell me “What’s the big deal with Interracial Relationships?” because I personally just see it as 2 people interested in each other, being happy.

6 comments:

  1. Truuue, I'm really mixed so I could never hate on someone in an inter-racial relationship

    ReplyDelete
  2. does it really matter? life goes on doesnt it? i dont see the problem

    ReplyDelete
  3. why isnt it just called a relationship? instead of interracial relatonship? why its gotta be so different? people are just ignorant now adays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Real talk! I get a lot of issues with this. My sister always has to ask me if any girl that's interested in me, "Is she white?". It irritates me. Another one of my friends is like "I think you should date in your race to build up your fellow black woman?" So I'm thinking, "So if I date women that aren't Black then I'm not empowering Black women?" Makes no sense. Then my ex was like "Everyone has a type. Black women aren't your type. You like mixed girls, light skinned girls, and Hispanic girls." Nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Bruce: I agree with your ex, that everyone has a type, whether it be physically or internally based. She may be right about you. What's wrong would be someone saying they won't date someone based solely on their ethnicity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. welp bruce u live and u learn i guess? ignore people like that

    ReplyDelete