Friday, March 31, 2017

Monthly Feature: Under 40 & Changing The Game (3)


Who is . . . .?
Lance Sanders but better known as LGburna or Simply Burna

What has contributed to your personal growth?To be honest ,my parents,  my fiance and my mentors. My parents raised me to be self sufficient, although they separated they both taught me valuable lessons to help me develop into a man. My fiance she was able to center my focus on my career and not other trivial things.  My mentors have shown patience throughout my process, weather it be frustrating nights or long phone calls.  I appreciate the kind and harsh words they have given me to make sure i see success! Special thanks to Maurice Harris, Tiwa Works, Phil Fuller, Donyel Stewart, Keithan Watkins and more.


In the next 5 years where do you see yourself going?

5 Years ... I plan to be completely self sufficient in event planning. I want to have 5-7 staple events a year averaging at a minimum of 2,000 people per event.



What are the 3 images that best describe your growth?



A Full Court Press in basketball (I believe you always apply pressure) 



The beginning of The Movie Lucky Number Slevin (Kansas City Shuffle baby) 
Bane from Batman The Dark Knight Rises (Formulate a plan , beat the competition , talk junk while you're doing it)


 
What message would you like to provide those people who have hit a road block with their personal growth?
Losses come with wins. Be able to bounce back from your short comings. Do not compare your journey with anybody else's. Everyone's path is different, don't get discouraged and continue your path. I've lost $4,000 on one event and cried like a baby, I promised myself it would never happen again. IT HASN'T!

How would you like to be remembered?This was a tough one. I'm big on having a positive reputation in business. So that may be it, I want to be remembered for always being a straight shooter.  My business reputation has taken me far, so that's how would love to be remembered.

What are your current ventures?
My Current Focus is my Alma Mater Elizabeth City State University. I would love to be their immediate outsource company for events. As far as events I am Focused on Weekend At Burnas July 27-30th in Durham , NC ! It's growing into a major festival in NC.

No comments:

Post a Comment