Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Imperfections



So personally I think we are all perfect in our own way but it’s our imperfections that make us that way. We constantly think that our flaws are weaknesses that we need to get rid of but they are something that make us who we are. Over the years people have told me I am perfect, as far as me being driven, goal oriented and somewhat having my life together. Trust me my life isn’t together and I only let people see what I want them to see.

I am so flawed but I consider my flaws strengths that make me the person I am today. I never look down on someone because of something they feel is not perfect about themselves. I find this as a unique quality that makes them stand out from other people of the world. You never want someone that is the same as you will get bored fairly quickly. I am addicted to Haribo gummy bears, I randomly talk to myself, I am way too nice to people, I am not as fluent as I want to be in languages I want to speak and I am afraid of heights.  I have flaws that make me who I am and that make me different then the person next to me. I am like a puzzle with different pieces that make me different. I am my own person adding new pieces everyday to the individual I am, creating a new version everyday. 

When it comes to imperfections I would suggest to just accept them. They are that one thing that make you different from everyone else in this world. That random blemish or that different hair color makes you stand out in a crowd full of copies. My advice to you is to be as imperfect and random as possible because that is who you are. You are the only person that defines how you will live your life and you should live it the way you see fit. 

“A diamond with a flaw is worth more than a pebble without imperfections”

3 comments:

  1. This is refreshingly honest, kudos! #thecottondiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. In other words, do not allow your flaws and failures define yourself. You know, rather a smart quotation! Besides, it's a good idea we shouldn't criticize much ourselves because the easier it is for us to forgive ourselves, the easier it is to forgive others!

    ReplyDelete