Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Dating Different




So let’s talk about it for a bit. This month I’ve been focusing on all around dating and one of my friends asked me about dating different (not in those words but yeah). Dating someone outside your race, different religion, different views, just someone who you click with but has that thing that makes you question if it will work. 

One of the big issues I’ve noticed when dating is dating someone that has a different religion than you. I’ve done it and it really wasn’t that bad but you have to think about the long term. Will your parents like them? What type of wedding would you guys have? How will you raise your children? It’s a lot to factor into it and if you can’t get past this part then you are both wasting each others time. I have seen relationships work when both individuals have 2 different religions but it’s really up to the couple to make it work. I am Christian and dated a Muslim girl before. This was in my younger years when I thought things like this really didn’t matter. Once her parents found out I wasn’t Muslim they told her she wasn’t allowed to see me anymore. Her parents are traditional Muslim and told her she needs to date another Muslim man. She was forbidden to ever make contact with me again but it was okay. I learned a crucial lesson that day that if you want it to work you will make it work no matter what.

Another thing is dating someone that is outside your race aka interracial dating. You will get looked at so bad if you date outside your race but I think you can’t really help who you have a connection with. Its part of life, especially if you look past skin color and appreciate the person for being them. You just sound ignorant when you hate someone who dates someone of a different race. We all find love in different places and we are all just living our own lives. It’s not your job to police who people are dating. It’s not your life to live so just let them be great.

Dating different doesn’t just apply to race and religion, it also applies to education, political views, personality etc. Dating the same is dating someone that is the standard for society. What society thinks you should be dating not what you want to date. Life can’t really be lived if you are conforming to what society wants and not what you want. Sometimes when you are actually living life the unexpected always happens and it will have you saying,” Dam, this is really working out great.” Not everyone wants a different view of life but whatever makes you happy you should stick with it.

“There will always be people with different views from yours. Learn to respect their right to a different view”

1 comment:

  1. I like to meet different people, because it brings me a lot of positive emotions and new knowledge.

    ReplyDelete