Tuesday, September 29, 2015

10 Years Later


            Sometimes I think it’s good to reflect on the past just to look at where you’ve been and where you plan to go. It’s coming up to 10 years since I graduated from high school and I took the time to go thru my HS yearbook. This is what I discovered:
  • I am old as shit
  • I was ugly
  • If these people tried to get buddy-buddy with me now I’d tell them to fuck off
  • All these people got kids and families
  • I’m working on my 2nd passport
  • I got 2 degrees and a non-profit



            I would have to say I came a long way from being ugly since 1988, graduating from ACHS in 2006 and being the great person I am today. Would I go back and re-do anything in my life? No, why would I? The things I did in my past made me the great person I am today. If someone ever tells you they would re-do certain situations in their life that made them who they are today, then smack them one good time. I feel certain situations good or bad lead us on a particular path to greatness. Not saying that you don’t want to live a particular moment over again it’s the fact that some people want to change that moment. That moment could have made you who you are today, if you change it you may not know where that new path will lead you.
            I always get people who say “oh you changed,” of course I changed. I don’t stay the same; I just grow and evolve as a person. Every day is a new day to be better then the person you use to be. The person from 10 years ago shouldn’t be the same person you see today. When I look back at this very moment 10 years from now I want to be in a better place then I am now. I want to be doing something different, married, kids, taking more trips around the world and just being genuinely happy. It’s all about setting your life goals and pushing yourself to meet them. The person that I was 10 years ago made me who I am today but I am not the same person from 10 years ago. I have become a better version of me and have not let my past define who I am. It’s good to reflect on your past just to make sure you’re not still doing the things you use to do that don't benefit your growth. Upgrade your life and your next 10 years will be the greatest time of your life.


“Your past never defines your future”

*DISCLAIMER: I'm aware its not exactly 10 years yet but this blog is in reference to going ON 10 years from graduating from HS

No comments:

Post a Comment