Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Girl with the THOT Tattoo


This is not a generalization, this in reference to both male and female.

This word THOT has literally come out of nowhere and I really hate it but I use it. I really hate the word but it is so catchy and its get the point across.  People really don’t take offense to this word. If I was to call you a HO you would be so upset but if I called you a THOT you would kind of giggle and say, “ No I am not”.  Lets rewind and go back to what the word THOT means.

THOT = That Hoe Over There

This word makes me so angry sometimes because people really use this in a full sentence. The abbreviations make sense but when you really think about it, you just tell yourself you sound so stupid. For example, “Hey bruh why are you being such a THOT for?”  Now in proper English,” Hey brother why are you such a “that hoe over there” for?” Instead of just using the word hoe we just use the word thot so it won’t be as harmful? It confuses me. When a word becomes mainstream and shared on social media networks it becomes a “real” word that is recycled repeatedly. I actually did an experiment of calling people thot’s and honestly they didn’t get mad. They just looked at me and started laughing. People really don’t consider it a harmless word at all.

Words shouldn’t really harm you but it’s just the words that our generation is creating, no real thought goes into them. I understand it may have come from a rapper or something but still, we don’t have to repeat words that we hear. The thing with humans is that once we hear a catchy word it is stuck in our heads. It’s literally like a tattoo that we can’t get off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment